Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Moving day!

This is my first experience having the Navy move us. The other two moves Nick and I have done, we moved ourselves because we were able to make a lot of money. However, for this move, we were not going to be able to make very much money, and so we opted to let the military move us. It has been nice having someone else pack our stuff. Next they are going to load our stuff, drive our stuff to our new house and even unload everything! That is what I call awesome!!! ...Until today...

Today Nick and I woke up early for movers that never showed! We were told they would be here sometime between 7 and 10 AM, and by 3PM they still weren't here!!! By that time, I had already gone to the doctor, the dentist, cleaned the light fixtures, and had lunch with our friends the Semke's! (By the way, they brought us Publics subs for! If you haven't tried them, you should, they are fantastic!!!) So after about 20 phone calls (literally, it got annoying), they told us, the movers were on their way. The movers FINALLY got here at 4PM! 4PM!!!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and still have to clean and shampoo the carpets! We can't clean until they get the boxes out of our house. Seriously, it is a maze in here! Beretta has had a hard time getting around the boxes. We are crammed and therefore can not do very much, but there is still so much to do! So, needless to say, we will be getting a LATE start tomorrow!

As I type this, Nick and I are sitting on our lawn chairs watching the movers sweat while they lift and load our heavy stuff! Heehee! Thank goodness it isn't me! I guess for that it is worth it! However, they did box up my phone yesterday! Yep, that's right, my cell phone! I couldn't find my cell phone and asked Nick to call it. So, we walked around the house listening for it, and sure enough, one of the boxes that the movers had packed, was ringing! I was told they would pack everything, unless told otherwise, but I still was surprised they would pack a working cell phone that was not only turned on, but that had been ringing all day!


  1. Too funny! J and I had the same experience just recently when we moved from Florida to Georgia. The movers showed up at 8 but the driver had a bad back so he had to call for help and 7 HOURs LATER they were still at our house waiting for the help and had not moved a thing.....not to mention they had pretty much set up shop inside our house and were just hanging out...awkward.

  2. I love publix subs. Moving STINKS.