Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why study?

Life has been CRAZY these past 7 months but all of a sudden, in one full swoop, I have free time!!! Well, technically I have 2 major tests to study for…like if I don’t pass them the last 7 months will have been for nothing, but with no school work to do, no student teaching to attend to, and even no more work at Sylvan, why in the world would I want to study when there are so many other things I could be doing?!!

When we moved to Jacksonville, Nick and I had a list of things that we wanted to do during the short time that we lived here. (Also, we had a list of things we wanted to do in general before we left the States, but oh well!) However, I literally started my job less than a week from moving here and therefore haven’t gotten an opportunity to do all of those things. Considering we only have one more month (YIKES) here, I probably will not get to check all of the things off of my list, (Yes Sarah Lavinder I am still going to try to visit you in Savannah) but I have made a promise to myself that I will not leave this place without a tan! I must look like I lived in Florida, even if I didn’t get to explore Florida!

So this weekend, Nick and I took Beretta to the beach for the first time in 5 months! That was a long time for me, but it must have been an eternity for my dog!!! She LOVES the beach, seriously I get happy just watching her romp and run through the sand. We get to the beach and she is pulling with all her might to get to the water. (I know she is a water dog, but she is literally obsessed!) She sniffs the air the minute we get out of the car, and then is a one-track mind until I finally let go of the leash and allow her to take off at full speed into the ocean. With no fear, she dives head first into the waves and swims contently. She could do it forever if you let her. It is one of the saddest things having to finally pull her out of the water when it is time to leave the beach.

But, what a joy it must be to be a dog!?! Seriously, I envy her a lot of the time…while I sit here staring at my books, not wanting to study, she is curled up on the couch snoozing away, and dreaming of chasing something. (I know this because she is literally running in her sleep, paws going back and forth like she is on the go!) I envy the fact that she gets to lay out under the sun all the time… she is a sun goddess! Which for most people this is no big deal, but I AM SUPPOSED TO BE THE SUN GODDESS!!! I adore just sitting under the warm sun, feeling like God is smiling down on me. It is one of the simple pleasures in life that I completely love and would do every day if I could! Nonetheless, my dog gets to do this and it makes me jealous, cause she doesn’t even need a tan!!!

Anyways, I still need to study. Guess I will get back to it, however, the nap Beretta is taking does look inviting…

2 comments: