Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Navy Nursery

For Vander's nursery I thought long and hard about what I wanted the theme and color scheme to be...
Nick requested that I add helicopters to the room, no matter what I chose.  I kept that in mind when I searched for fabrics.  After much online shopping (that's what you do when you live overseas) I found and fell in love with a company who makes custom nursery bedding, called PolkaTotsDesign.com.  They had several nautical fabrics, one in particular had vintage sailboats on it and I knew I had to have it for Van's room!  Add to it a touch of teal (my favorite color) and some helicopters and you get Mr. Vander's haven.... 

 I decided to keep the guest bed in the nursery...in my opinion, a bed in the nursery is key (especially on sleepless evenings when up with a fussy baby, or when Nana comes to visit for a few weeks and wants to take over baby duty at night!).




The painting on the wall, we found while we were in Hong Kong...had to have a little Asian flare in the nursery too!  We met the artist and knew the painting had to go in Van's room....very nautical, blue and blue, but also it's of the famous junk boats in HK and Nick and I have ridden on them twice now...a perfect tie-in for the nursery!

(Me at 35 weeks)



 This darn glider took over 4 months to ship to Japan (and had actually been sitting in a warehouse for weeks when we finally tracked it down), but it's here and ready to be used to rock sweet baby V!
The room is all ready for Vander...now he just needs to make his debut so we can bring him home to it!  Only 2 days to go till his due date ;)


(At 39 weeks, still working out...Vander loves it, squats won't send me into labor, they just make him dance!)

1 comment: